Today Dustin and I went and signed the final documents for our new house. We are all done and will be able to move in as soon as my aunt leaves for home. Hopefully Saturday, if not, then Monday.
5 Things I have learned about buying a house:
1. You, the loan officer, the underwritter, and the escrow officer will become best friends! Multiple phone calls, text messages, voicemails and emails are exchanged ALL DAY, EVERYDAY.
2. Be close to a fax machine at all times. You give, collect, gather information constantly! You think you have it all together then your loan/escrow officer will call asking for 1 more piece of information.
3. The Interest Rate is actually a gambleing game! One day the interest rates go down 2 points and the next day they go up 5! You just never know if the rates are going to continue to drop or if they will go up. Then when you think the time is right, you lock in your rate. Luckily, we locked in right before the rates sky-rocketed!
4. You better be a good at signing your name because you do it a lot. Every single page has to have a signature.
5. Signing Loan Docs should be renamed to Sign this huge book that signs your life away. I thought Loan Documents would be like 10 pages, maybe. Little did I know that I would be signing a book! I swear there was 50 plus pages! Every pages has at least 1 signature or initial line.
In the end it is all worth it. I would do it all again, if I had to. Dustin and I are so excited.
Next Post...And the wall-paper came tumbling down.